Applications for the 2013 Piedmont Park Arts Festival
Applications by mail: Click HERE to download. Complete the application,
sign, enclose photos and payment and send by regular mail.
Piedmont Park, Midtown
1071 Piedmont Avenue,
Atlanta, GA 30309
July 5, 2013: Application deadline
July 9, 2013: Jury meets
July 11, 2013: Notification to accepted applicants
August 2, 2012: Accept invitation and purchase deadline
What Are the Fees?
Application fee: $25 ($35 for mail in)
Standard Booth Fee: $250 (10x10)
Corner Upgrade: $75 (limited availability)
Double Booth Fee: $500 (10x20)
Electricity: $75 (limited availability)
Tent Rental: $50
Supply Store, Hotels, Camping Resource
For a list of local resources close to Piedmont Park, click HERE
Information on Where to Check In
For a map of where to come for Check In, click HERE
(Note: complete instructions are on the "Schedule" page of this site)
Rules & Regulations
NOTE: New Rule imposed by the Piedmont Park Conservancy and City of Atlanta! All tents placed on grass areas may require flooring to cover the grass in certain weather conditions. Be prepared by having a breathable mat to protect the grass surface at your location.
1. The Festival provides only the ground space for exhibits. Each Exhibitor must provide and prepare his/her own displays. We require Exhibitors to use white top tents of EZ UP quality or higher. All tents must be weighted. Set up will be on pavement.
2. Two weeks prior to the Festival, Exhibitors will be notified of their site location and detailed set up information. Plan to set up your booth on Friday, August 16, 2013. Last minute set up is Saturday, August 17 from 7 - 9 a.m.
3. After unloading Exhibitor vehicles must be moved to designated parking. Vehicles will not be permitted to remain in the exhibition space during the Festival, nor may they enter the Festival grounds until approved by the Festival Committee.
4. Exhibitors shall be responsible for obtaining any required licenses, permits or approvals under state laws applicable to his/her activity at the Festival and for paying any taxes, sales taxes, fees or other charges that may be applicable to any Exhibitor's activity at the Festival.
5. The Festival is a rain or shine event. Cancellations prior to the due date must be made in written form and submitted by mail or email. By mail: send to P.O. Box 422571, Atlanta GA 30342. By email: to email@example.com. No refunds will be given for cancellations after the due date or no-shows.
6. The Piedmont Park Summer Arts & Crafts Festival reserves the right to cancel an Exhibitor's contract. The Festival may require the Exhibitor to leave the Festival at any time if the Exhibitor is in violation of any rules and/or regulations stated herein.
7. Neither AFFPS nor its agents or representatives will be responsible for any injury, damage, or loss that may occur to the Exhibitor, the Exhibitor's agents or representatives or his/her property from any cause whatsoever. Exhibitors should obtain, at their own expense, insurance against any loss, damage, or injury they may require.
8. All Artist Market merchandise must be original,
handmade and created by the Exhibitor.
NOTE: Any handmade items not made by the exhibitor
must apply to the Street Market.
Reproductions must be clearly identified as such. Original art must occupy at least 50% of the artist's space. Browse bins may occupy only minimal space and must be aesthetically pleasing and not obstruct patron flow. All artwork on display must be for sale.
9. Artists may only show work in categories approved by the Jury.
10. Artists must be present with their work for the duration of the Festival.
No commercial agents, dealers or salespeople may operate an artist's booth.
11. The Artist Market Jury will award Exhibitor applications based on originality of the art and quality of the booth display. Judging will be done on Saturday for Best of Show, Fine Arts; Best of Show, Crafts; 2nd Place; 3rd Place.
A wait list will be maintained. Wait list applicants can be accepted up to and on the day of the Festival depending upon space available.
How the Funds Are Used
The 2012 Piedmont Park Summer Arts & Crafts Festival is the major fundraising event for Georgia Foundation for Public Spaces, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to building a stronger arts community. The GFPS provides scholarships for artists to help them with their artistic career.